One negligent driver can change your life in an instance. Unfortunately, this is especially the case for bikers who have been hit by cars driven by individuals who are not paying attention. At Redding Fitzpatrick, we fight to get your medical expenses and lost wages paid, and to get you compensated for any pain and suffering you have from the injuries you sustained. The magnitude of injuries resulting from a motorcycle wreck are usually pretty significant. If you have suffered broken bones and injuries requiring surgery, it is very important that you are represented by a Texas personal injury attorney that has experience handling motorcycle cases.
There are many Southlake, Texas personal injury attorneys, but at our law firm, the specific attorney that is assigned to your case will set up your insurance claim, negotiate with the adjuster and file a lawsuit if necessary. There are many confusing and complex steps to negotiating a bodily injury claim. It is also extremely important that a well-drafted demand is sent to the insurance company that carefully lays out the medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering you have endured directly as a result of the negligent driver.
Do not try to pursue a bodily injury claim against an insurance company alone. We represent Texans throughout the state with their personal injury claims including our local Southlake, Keller and Fort Worth, Texas areas. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, we will work hard for you and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us today!
If you have been involved in a motorcycle wreck, there are several important things you need to know:
- Check your injuries. Call “911” if anyone involved needs medical attention.
- Safely maneuver your motorcycle out of traffic.
- Obtain information from all drivers and witnesses involved in the motorcycle accident, including their name, address, telephone number, and insurance information. Also, obtain the number for your police report from the investigating officer.
- Go to the doctor if you are in pain. Some people who are injured do not realize it right after an accident. Therefore, it is important to see your doctor to make sure that you have no internal injuries.
- Take photos. It is difficult to convey damages to a jury without photos of the property damage and bodily injuries involved. These pictures should include each involved driver and automobile or motorcycle in the accident, as well as skid marks, the location of the accident, and any other damage to property in the vicinity.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company without competent legal representation. The insurance company will request a recorded statement from you in order to properly investigate the claim. However, you can greatly damage your case if you are not properly prepared prior to the statement. Our Southlake motorcycle wreck attorneys will sufficiently prepare you for all recorded statements so that you are comfortable and understand the process beforehand.
- If you have missed work due to the motorcycle accident, be sure to keep all doctor’s notes showing that the treating doctor has taken you off work. It is often difficult to get an insurance company to pay for lost wages unless a doctor has actually taken you off work due to the injuries you received.
Please note this is not an all-inclusive list. If you have been injured in a motorcycle wreck and your injuries consist of whiplash or something more severe requiring surgery, seek legal representation immediately. We will be happy to assist you.